Mark Zuckerberg is at it again! The changes to the new Facebook News Feed can drastically change the way you think about your content strategy.
“We want to give everyone in the world the best personalized newspaper in the world.” -Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO
3 Changes You Should Know About Regarding to Facebook News Feed:
- Spotlight each particular user or page, one at a time, with enlarged and enhanced visual content displays
- Choice of feeds: news feed, music, all friends, most recent, games, close friends, following
- Mobile consistency through mobile, tablet and web is more unified and simplified
What does this mean to your personal account?
- Double-check your privacy – again. As a best practice, do this every 2 weeks.
What does this mean to your business account?
- High quality content is more important than ever with these new Facebook changes. Optimizing for the new News Feed goes beyond just the Facebook Page. This change affects your entire content strategy as a whole, from images and status updates to blog posts and media coverage.
How to use the new Facebook News Feed to your advantage:
- Publish more Visual Content: if you’ve been previously posting text-based statuses and links, think about how you can convert those ideas into visuals
- Keep your Copy Short: The photo is now the primary way in which people engage with your visual posts while the text now overlays the images in the News Feed
- Create more Compelling Content: Unless your content stands out from the crowd in terms of value and interest, it won’t gain the visibility it needs
- Integrate your Facebook and Pinterest Strategy: Content shared through 3rd party apps will begin to see greater visibility
- Influence Users to Check-In to your Business: Check-ins are now more visible and clear on your Facebook page
- Continue Increasing Likes of your Page: When someone likes your page, a new story is created in News Feed that shows the pages default and cover photo
Consider and be aware of all these changes to Facebook and use them to your advantage to help your business boom!
If you need a secure and proper social media strategy, check out what Goode Marketing can do for you!